Being stocked in our house or the past few days is quiet depressing, but what’s even worse than seeing people most especially your kababayan crying out for help for their lost homes? :( It actually breaks my heart when I heard/saw in the news how tropical storm “maring” brought destruction the Philippines.
Several areas in Luzon have been placed under a state of calamity due to the torrential rains brought by an unprecendented southwest monsoon and enhanced by the tropical storm Maring that struck on Sunday, August 18. The areas include the provinces of Laguna, Pampanga, Bataan, and Cavite, as well as Parañaque City and the towns of San Mateo and Taytay in Rizal, and Sta Barbara in Pangasinan.
Photos from Google
Across Luzon, more than one million people (223,991 families) are now affected by the weather disturbance, with the number of dead reaching 9, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported on Wednesday morning, August 21.
As said in the news areas that had been affected lacks water, food, clothes and medicines (for most of the people especially children are getting sick already). If only I could fly to those affected areas just to give them what they need.. I did it agad agad! but sadly, I have no power to do that. *sigh* :(
For now, what we can do best is to pray for the victims of this calamity and that even for a minute, offer a prayer and well-wishes to these people. And aside from that, we could help all those in need through the following donation outlets (which is grabbed from wrappler.com)
Department of Social Welfare and Development
· Volunteers needed at DSWD's National Resource Operations Center (NROC) at NAIA Chapel Road, Pasay City. Contact: 02-8528081 or 02-8512681
Philippine Red Cross
· The Philippine Red Cross is accepting donations in various forms, including PayPal, Cash, Check, Bank Deposit, or in-kind donations. Kindly check out the Philippine Red Cross donations page for additional details. You can also follow the Philippine Red Cross on Twitter for updates and links to information.
For Overseas or Online Donations
· Ayala Foundation accepts online donations for both US-based and local donors.
· Children's Hour Philippines, Inc. is accepting any in-kind donations. You may drop off your donations at Shopwise Araneta and Harrison Plaza branch and any Rustan's Supermarket. Contact Person: Patricia Mallari (09175291992; firstname.lastname@example.org) You can also donate to Children's Hour Philippins via SMS For Globe users text CH <amount> to 5656. For Smart users text CH <amount> to 4483. You can donate online via childrenshour.org.ph/help/share-your-treasures.
· Alagang Kapatid Foundation Inc. is still receiving donations in cash and in kind.
Priority donations are
Our drop off centers are at
1) AKFI Warehouse 730 Quirino Highway, San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines
2) MVP Tulong Kapatid Center at the Meralco Compound in Ortigas.
On the other hand, cash/check donations may be deposited o the following accounts:
Banco De Oro – BDO Makati Ave- Ayala Branch
Account Name: Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Inc.
(PESO) PHP Account No.: 00- 5310-41016-4
(DOLLAR) USD Account No.: 10-5310-46264-4
BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS – AYALA AVENUE SGV BRANCH
Account Name: Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Inc.
(PESO) PHP ACCOUNT NO: 1443-0533-32
(DOLLAR) USD ACCOUNT NO: 1444-0214-85
Username / beneficiary: email@example.com
Once transaction has been made, kindly provide us cash deposit slip details thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For inquiries, contact us through email or you can call us at these numbers: (02) 3764412 (02) / 6893100 local 45191 or 45192 or fax 936 7181.
Metro Manila (General)
- World Vision, an international Christian humanitarian, development and relief organization is accepting donations for Typhoon Maring survivors. You may call their donor hotline at 372-7777 or visit their website.
- Donate to Chao Dao tea place (canned goods, instant noodels, crackers, rice and bottled water) and get a milk tea for free. You can bring your donations to their stores: Katipunan branch (09052236039), Don Antonio (09052236040), Kapitolyo (09052236041), UP Village (09162315951) and West Fairview (09162315954).
- The Rotaract Club of Manila Metro also has its own Disaster Relief Drive, intending to serve Metro Manila and other neighboring areas. For more details, please call 0917-5834490. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them through Twitter at @racmanilametro
- Caritas Manila is accepting cash and in-kind donations for the victims of the Typhoon. To donate, CALL 9257931 or 5620020.
- The National Union of Students of the Philippines Head Office is conducting a relief drive. Contact: 0916-197-3565 / 0998-257-390; email@example.com; Tweet: @nusphilippines
- The LBC Foundation accepts donations to be turned over to the Philippine Red Cross. Drop-off point: all LBC branches.
- Binalot intends to distribute hot Binalot meals to those affected by the rains from wherever you are. Each relief meal of rice and viand is P50 pesos only. These meals will be prepared by Binalot and distributed to various evacuation centers. You may also opt to pick up the meals from us for your own relief operations. Commune - Ground level, Liberty Plaza, 102 H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City across Trafalgar Plaza. Open from 8AM to 10PM. Contact: 02-8892660. Binalot Head Office - 3686 Sun Valley Drive, Parañaque City. Open from 8:30AM to 5:30PM. Contact: 02-4678888 | 02-8210507
- University of the East - Caloocan, 106 Samson Rd. Caloocan City c/o Tinig ng Silangan Party Alliance Contact: Riah Faith Tan, 0905-271-4259, 0906-128-6592, 0923-735-6019
- Donations are accepted at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Camarin Caloocan City under Fr Luciano Felloni. Contact 09175118412 for inquiries.
Las Piñas City
- Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen, an independent restaurant located in the corner of Tropical Ave and Tropical Palas in BF Homes, is accepting donations and volunteers for relief operations.
- Punongbayan and Araullo for a cause is accepting donations. Contact Person: Yusoph Maute (09234501004)Location: The Enterprise Center Tower 1, 19th, 20th, and 23rd floor, Makati City. They accept relief donations in cash or in kind (clothes, blankets, towels, hygiene kits, medicine, and food)
- Assumption College San Lorenzo is now accepting donations for the victims of the tropical storm. Contact Caroline Jaranilla (09173025587), Patrick Bugay (09328850879), and Bianca Pangan (09065783651).
- The Youth of San Antonio Parish is now accepting canned goods, rice, water and eco friendly or biodegradable bags. Drop off point: Sanctuario de San Antonio Church, McKinley Rd., Contact Mike Yuson at 09175376453 or JJ Yulo at 09175301160.
- Colegio San Agustin (CSA) is accepting donations. Drop-off: CSA HS Lobby, CSA-Makati, Carissa St, Dasmariñas Village. Contact person is Ms. Raquel Reyes at (0922)8275976.
- Christ's Commission Fellowship - Makati is open to receive non-cash goods and donations. Drop-off point: 3/F A.Venue Mall, Makati Ave. Look for Marco Escudero.
- FEU Manila is accepting donations. Drop off center at Nicanor Reyes St. Sampaloc Manila. Contact 7336662 or 7336661 loc378.
- De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde is accepting donations on August 21, 2013 from 2pm to 7pm at Taft and SDA campuses. You may donate the following: ready to eat food, bottled water, canned goods, biscuits, rice, toiletries, sanitary napkins, detergent soaps, mats and blankets. Contact Mr. Leo Cortes: 09999978600.
- Adamson University is accpeting monetary donations for the victims of the typhoon. Contact Fr. Gregg Banaga, JR., CM at 52402022.
- Kilusang Bayanihan of BAYAN-NCR is accepting donations for affected residents of Metro Manila. Drop-off center for donations is at Kilusang Bayanihan Headquarters (#2055 Road 5 Street, NDC Compound, Sta. Mesa Manila). Contact: 353-5077; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Junior Public Relations Practitioners of the Philippines (JPRPP) and College of Mass Communication- Student Council (CMC-SC) of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila are accepting relief goods. Anyone can help by donating instant noodles, ready-to-eat goods, water and medicine. Drop-off area: College of Mass Communication Office, 5th Floor, Gusaling Lacson, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila. We will be accepting donations until August 24, Saturday. Contact: Vberni Regalado, 09154360915; Gelli Ann Cahulogan, 09265985429
- All gates of De La Salle University - Taft are now accepting donations; contact Isabel Lanada (+63.915.4101243)
- The Phi Kappa Mu Fraternity is accepting donations at Pagkalma Park inside the UP College of Medicine campus. Contact Miko Amante (09175129144) or Jonik Antonio (09178316495)
- Hillsborough Hampton Court (the castle-looking structure on Buckingham Street, Hillsborough Village, Muntinlupa City) is now accepting donations. Contact Diane in Hampton Court or Mela Garcia 09178370839 or Casey Erum 09176285891.
- De La Salle - Zobel Social Action accepts donations of hot meals and relief goods for affected residents of Muntinlupa residing near the Laguna Lake area. You can drop your donations at Gate 7. Contact Mr Jayjay Jacinto at 09178597602 and Ms. Evangeline De Peralta at 09175638870
- Twitter user @PatriciaMalay is organizing a relief drive in Muntinlupa and is willing to pickup donations around BF Homes, Alabang Hills, and Ayala Alabang Village. Contact: 0917-512-8736. Drivers also needed.
- San Beda College Alabang (SBCA) - Community Involvement Center (CIC). Drop-off point at the SBCA Gymnasium. Contact CIC at 09285079482.
- University of Asia & the Pacific accepts relief donations. Drop off: at the back gate of Escriva drive, Ortigas. Contact number: 09177176212.
- Christ's Commission Fellowship - Main Church, Frontera Verde, Ortigas Ave cor C5 Road. Contact number: 09158485856.
- Operation Blessing (OB) is distributing OB relief bags. Please call or text these numbers for more information: (02)477-7806 / 0920-4975558 / 0922-8036922 / 0917-5812603 or drop off donations at C5 Road cor Retelco Drive, Bagong Ilog.
- One Meralco Foundation accepts donations for relief operations. Drop-off point is at the Tulong Kapatid Center at the covered tennis court inside Meralco Compound, Ortigas, Ave., Pasig. One Meralco Foundation: 09399133771.
- St. Paul Pasig, St Paul Rd, Brgy Ugong, Pasig City
- The Bataan Peninsula State University accepts cash and relief goods particularly canned goods, rice, bottled water, and clothes. Contact TJ at 09094878490.
- De La Salle University - Dasmarinas c/o SENTRO La Salle Contact: Alexander Losaria, 0905-438-913
- Christ's Commission Fellowship - Cavite. Warehouse 1 and 2 Km 21 Aguinaldo Highway, Imus. Contact Bel Adan, 09276867542
- Imus Cathedral (Our Lady of the Pillar Parish) also accepts volunteers for repacking in addition to donations. Keppel Bldg/Pandayan Hall, Imus Town Proper. Contact: Baby/Pillar at 09178464993.
- SM City Operation Tulong Express station is open to donations starting August 20 to September 4. Drop-off point: Lower ground Floor, Main Mall (near AirPhil), SM City Cebu
- SM City Tulong Express Booth located at the Ground Floor of SM City Davao, between Espada and Parfois. For more details, please call the Mall Admin Office at (082) 2976998.
- Southern Tagalog Tulong Kabataan organized by Kabataan Partylist - Southern Tagalog and UP Community Broadcasters' Society is accepting donations (foods, medicine, sleeping mats, clothes and eating utensils). Contact Rona Franca at 09053115719.
- Oplan Walang Iwanan relief operation (Laguna) For more details, please contact Sam, 09269258423.
- University of the Philippines Gawad Kalinga Los Banos and the University Student Council are accepting relief donations (rice, instant noodles, canned goods, 3-in-1 coffee, medicines, clothes, etc.) For more details, please contact Sam Pawig (09269258423) or Pau Ferrer (09263830490).
- Ligtas Laguna Relief Ops is accepting donations for Laguna, especially in Binan and Sta Rosa. For more details, please contact Jay-ar Mira (0917- 9133889, 0933-9627307). You can also email Jay-ar at email@example.com or contact him via Twitter at @jayarmira
- UPLB Serve The People Brigade. Contact: Kikay (0935 8702805)
- UPLB Sigma Theta Delta is accepting any form of donation (canned goods, clothes, medicine, bottled water etc.) at Boston Cafe Grove, Los Banos Laguna. Interested parties may contact 09157079493, 09269869029 or 09325944774.
- DSWD Region 3 Government Center, Maimpis
- Alay-Bayan Luson, Inc. 54 Rue de Paree St., L & S Subdivision, Angeles City, Pampanga
- Alay-Bayan Luson, Inc. Old SK Building-Gabaldon Municipal Compound, Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija
Metro Manila City Social Welfare and Development Offices
- If you want to be linked up to a relief operations center, use the hashtag #MovePH or directly contact the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) of local government units:
- Caloocan City - Obet Quizon (09333692373)
- Las Piñas City - Junet Barilla (09192816870)
- Makati City - Ryan Barcelo (09273141822)
- Malabon City - Cleah Nava (02 2814999 loc 3014)
- Manila City - Honey Lacuna-Pangan (02 5274949)
- Marikina City - Rodrigo Domingo (09398297846)
- Muntinlupa City - Annalyn Mercado (02 8260612)
- Mandaluyong City - Teresita Pillas (09156131493)
- Navotas City - Jennifer Serrano (09178420587)
- Parañaque City - Kristian Buhay (09328762426)
- Pasay City - Linda Orobia (09166954319)
- Pasig City - Baby Delleva (09478687314)
- Pateros City - Gloria Tapales (09228903871)
- Quezon City - Ma Theresa Mariano (09175872427)
- San Juan - Jessica Quitor (09158312174)
- Taguig City - Ramonita Jordan (09065565051 / 09082907188)
- Valenzuela City - Dorothy Evangelista (09228282802)
SEE a current list of Relief Operations Centers and what they need or what they can share with others HERE!
Please share your love everyone! keep safe! Let's all pray for the Philippines! ♥